From "Mock Effect" the brilliant Mass Effect parody fan fic
- SOVEREIGN: You are not Saren.
- JANE: It’s… it’s Unicron!
- GARRUS: Shit! What are we gonna do now?
- SOVEREIGN: I am not Unicron. People make that mistake all the time. Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance. Incapable of understanding. Thinking I’m Unicron. It does my head in.
- JANE: Sorry, it’s just that you sound a lot like Unicron.
- SOVERIEGN: There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own that you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign.
- JANE: You have a high opinion of yourself, don’t you? I think you’re within my comprehension all right. You’re a very large, very old, synthetic lifeform of great intelligence, working part-time as a spaceship. Is that about right?
- SOVEREIGN: Uh… yes. Okay, so I am within your comprehension. But I’m still bigger, older and cleverer than you’re probably guessing. You uppity organics, I don’t know… Here I am, brain the size of a planet…
- WREX: You couldn’t have existed at the same time as the Protheans. It’s impossible.
- SOVEREIGN: No it isn’t.
- JANE: No, it isn’t. He’s just a very old, self-sustaining robot. Nothing impossible about that.
- SOVEREIGN: We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything. The cycle cannot be broken.
- ASHLEY: Cycle? What cycle?
- JANE: Don’t you pay any attention in the meetings? Liara explained this after we picked her up. Keep up!
- SOVEREIGN: The pattern has been repeated more times than you can fathom.
- JANE: How many times?
- SOVEREIGN: About fifty.
- JANE: I can just about fathom that, thank you.